The DTC battery charger is a new addition to the Cragg Railcharger® series. The DTC charger offers more updated features and settings to make the charger even more user-friendly and cost efficient.
It has an operating temperature range of -40º F to +158º F allowing it to work effectively in a wide temperature range. The unit has a temperature compensation feature allowing the charger to adjust DC output based on the temperature of the battery; extending the life of the battery and adhering to the manufacturer’s specifications. The remote voltage sense capability is used to compensate for the voltage drop across wires between the charger and the battery. A set of contacts with user defined settings are provided for monitoring the high and low battery voltage, as well as current and temperature alarms.
- 10, 20, 30, 40, and 60 amp available
- Displays: 2 x 20 OLED display reads: voltage, current, temperature and setting for easy monitoring of status of charger operation
- Ethernet and USB ports for monitoring and configuration
- Temperature Compensation: The unit has a built-in temp compensation circuit to permit the longest battery life possible
- Battery Voltage Sensing: Also available is a remote voltage sense capability to compensate for voltage drop between charger and battery
- Battery Voltage Monitor: Equipped with a voltage monitor that is independent from charger circuits, if the charger output voltage deviates more than 10% form the cell select settings an isolated relay will drop out.
- Features an adjustable current limit to protect both the charger and battery
- Fully automatic and convection cooled for maximum reliability and minimal maintenance
- AAR/AREMA terminals; meets or exceeds AAR/AREMA specifications
- AC & DC circuit, transient protection
- Rack mounting kit
- Two-year warranty
Rail-NET Remote Monitoring Capabilities
- Rail-NET™ Remote monitoring software allows convenient real-time access to the status of equipment and data
- Allows viewing of historical data and sues information to determine bad or deteriorating cells
- Monitors live data point: current, voltage, temperature
- Status page shows current status of faults, fault count readings, and settings
- Remotely edit configuration of charger
Download the 2019 Railway Equipment Company Catalog